June 26, 2006, Bermuda - "TIME ZONE (SEASONAL VARIATION) ACT 2006",
Senate and the House of Assembly of Bermuda
See Europe Time Zone Map with current time and USA Time Zone Map
TIME ZONE (SEASONAL VARIATION) ACT 2006|
2006 : 17
TIME ZONE (SEASONAL VARIATION) ACT 2006
Date of Assent: 26 June 2006
Operative Date: 1 January 2007
WHEREAS it is expedient to repeal the Time Zone (Seasonal Variation) Act (No.2) 1975, and replace it with the Time Zone (Seasonal Variation) Act 2006:
Back to DST News
Be it enacted by The Queen's Most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate and the House of Assembly of Bermuda, and by the authority of the same, as follows:
- 1 This Act may be cited as the Time Zone (Seasonal Variation) Act 2006.
- 2 In this Act—
"Bermuda standard time" means the time fixed for general purposes in Bermuda by the Time Zone Act 1929 [title 28
item 14], that is to say four hours behind Greenwich Mean Time;
“Bermuda summer time” means the time one hour in advance of Bermuda standard time and three hours behind Greenwich Mean Time.
When Bermuda summer begins
- 3 As from two o’clock, Bermuda standard time, in the morning of the second Sunday in the month of March each year, the time for general purposes in Bermuda shall be Bermuda summer time.
When Bermuda summer time ends
- 4 As from two o’clock, Bermuda summer time, in the morning of the first Sunday in the month of November of each year, the time for general purposes in Bermuda shall revert to Bermuda standard time.
- 5 (1) Whenever any reference is made to a point in time in any Act, resolve, bye-law, regulation, rule, order, deed, notice or other document whatsoever, the time referred to shall, unless the context otherwise requires, during the period that Bermuda summer time is in effect, be deemed to be Bermuda summer time.
(2) Nothing in this Act shall affect the use of Greenwich Mean Time for the purposes of astronomy, meteorology or navigation or affect the construction of any document mentioning or referring to a point of time in connection with any of those purposes.
- 6 The Time Zone (Seasonal Variation) Act (No. 2) 1975 is repealed.
- 7 This Act shall come into force on the 1st day of January 2007.