back to recent News
- 30 December, 2015, Russia -
"Amendment to the Federal Law "On the calculation of time""
Zabaykalsky Kray (Chita) will change its time zone from UTC+8 to UTC+9 on March 27 2016 at 2am.
- 9 October, 2015, Antarctica, Casey Station (AU) -
"Times are a changin, this week at Casey"
by Zac.W, Australian Antarctic Division
Antarctica Casey Station (Australia) time has been changed from UTC+8 to UTC+11 for the summer operations.
- 28 September, 2015, Canada, Northern Rockies Regional Municipality (Fort Nelson) -
"Northern Rockies Time Change"
Northern Rockies Regional Municipality
Northern Rockies Regional Municipality (Fort Nelson) will use Mountain Standard Time (UTC-7) year-round (from November 1, 2015).
- 23 September, 2015, Norfolk Island, Australia -
"Norfolk Island Standard Time Ordinance 2015"
ComLaw, Australia government
Norfolk Island, Australia will change its time zone from UTC +1130 to UTC +1100 at 12.30 am (by legal time in New South Wales) on 4 October 2015.
- 19 September, 2015, Turkey -
"Yaz saati süresi uzatiliyor"
Daylight saving time in Turkey will be postponed until November 8th 2015.
- 15 August, 2015, North Korea -
"Pyongyang Time starts to tick", by Choe Chol Nam , The Pyongyang Times
- North Korea set its clock back by half an hour to GMT+8:30 from August 15, 2015.
- 29 June, 2015, Uruguay -
"Se derogo decreto del cambio de horario de verano", Camara Uruguaya de Turismo
- Uruguay plans to abolish Daylight Saving Time (DST) this year (2015).
- 8 June, 2015, Morocco -
"Retour à l’heure légale du Royaume (GMT)", Royaume du Maroc,
Ministère de la Fonction Publique et de la Modernisation de l'Administration (mmsp.gov.ma)
- Morocco suspends Daylight Saving Time From June 14 To July 19, 2015 during the holy month of Ramadan.
- 15 May 2015, The Cayman Islands -
"2015/16 Policy Statement: Toward a Better Tommorrow", Premier Hon. Alden McLaughlin, Cayman Islands Government
The Cayman Islands plans to introduce Daylight Saving Time (DST) by March 2016.
- 20 April, 2015, Egypt -
"No daylight saving this summer: Egypt's prime minister", Ahram Online
Egypt cancels DST (daylight saving time) for 2015 with the possibility of canceling DST in future years.
- 11 April, 2015, Egypt -
"Egypt to hold national poll on daylight saving time", Ahram Online
Egypt's Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab on Saturday ordered a governmental think-tank to hold a national opinion poll to ask citizens whether or not they support daylight saving time.
- 09 March, 2015, Mongolia -
"Mongolia to observe Daylight Saving Time from March 28, 2015"
Mongolia to resume DST in 2015.
- 28 January, 2015, Chile -
"Gobierno anuncia modificaciones al cambio de hora en Chile continental e insular"
Ministerio de Energía, Gobierno de Chile.
Chile intends to stay on DST permanently with continent time zone as GMT-3 and GMT-5 for the Easter Island-Rapa Nui.
- 12 january 2015, Mexico, Quintana Roo -
"Mexico time zones map in 2015 - Quintana Roo new time zone from February 1, 2015"
At 2am on February 1, 2015 Quintana Roo will set its clocks ahead 1 hour (to 3am). New Time Zones map for Mexico in 2015.
2017 DST News
2016 DST News
2015 DST News
2014 DST News
2013 DST News
2012 DST News
2011 DST News
2010 DST News
2009 DST News
2008 DST News
2007 DST News
2006 DST News