back to recent News
- December 27, 2012, Russia -
"Russians want winter time back", Pravda
State Duma Speaker Sergei Naryshkin asked Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev to retrieve winter time in Russia.
- November 3, 2012, Libya -
"Clocks to go back an hour on Saturday", Libya Herald
Libya is moving to new time zone UTC+1 and plan to use DST next year (2013).
- October 24, 2012, Jordan -
"The Jordan government cancels decision to switch to wintertime", Jordan News Agency (PETRA)
Jordan will keep Summer Time (daylight saving time UTC+3) instead of switching clocks 60 minutes back.
- October 19, 2012, Brazil -
"Tocantins solicita saída do horário de verão" and
"Governo exclui a Bahia e inclui o Tocantins no horário de verão"
Tocantins (Brazil) starts Daylight savings time this year.
- September 21, 2012, Russia -
"Russian Railways will stop selling tickets for long-distance journeys starting from October 26, 2012 in case Russia switches to winter time", Russia Today
Russia may move its clocks back one hour on October 28, 2012.
- 20 September 2012, West Bank -
"The start of winter time in the West Bank friday morning",
Gaza and the West Bank agree on the start of winter time on September 21, 2012.
- September 18, 2012, Russia -
"The Russian State Duma Committee for Health will hold new Time Reform hearings", WorldTimeZone
Russia may move its clocks back one or two hours.
- September 04, 2012, Samoa, Apia -
"Public Notice of Daylight Saving" Ministry of Commerce, Industry, and Labour
Samoa Daylight Saving Time starts on Sunday 30th September 2012.
- July 17, 2012, Morocco -
"Retour à l’heure légale du Royaume (GMT)", Royaume du Maroc Ministère de la Fonction Publique et de la Modernisation de l’Administration (maroc.ma)
- Daylight Saving time in Morocco will be paused from July 20 to August 20 during the holy month of Ramadan.
- 27 June 2012, Russia -
"Russia may move it's clocks back 1 or 2 hours", WorldTimeZone
The bill on the transition from summer to winter time will be finalized and submitted to Russian State Duma in early September.
- May 26, 2012, Indonesia -
"Single time zone may begin in late October", The Jakarta Post
- Indonesia government committee is proposing that Indonesia launch a single time zone for the entire nation.
- April 26, 2012, Mexico -
"New time zone in Mexico- Quintana Roo new time zone", Expediente Quintana Roo
- Cozumel and Cancun will have the same time as in New York.
- March 24, 2012, Nagorno-Karabakh -
"Nagorno-Karabakh rejects daylight saving time", kavkaz-uzel.ru
- Nagorno-Karabakh authorities abolishing Daylight Saving Time in 2012.
- March 15, 2012, Morocco -
"L'heure légale sera avancée de 60 minutes fin avril au lieu de fin mars", Portail national du Maroc (maroc.ma)
- Morocco changed its previous decision for the beginning of DST:
DST will applied from last Sunday of April instead of last Sunday of March.
- March 10, 2012, Haiti -
"Haïti-Société : L'heure haïtienne sera avancée de 60 minutes", Haiti Press Network
- Haiti started to observe Daylight Saving Time on March 11, 2012.
- March 9, 2012, Morocco -
"Heure légale : Le Maroc adopte officiellement l'heure d'été", Infomtdiaire
- Morocco adopted draft decree to start DST on the last Sunday of March (March 25, 2012)
and to end DST on last Sunday of September (September 30, 2012), except the month of Ramadan.
- March 1, 2012, Cuba -
"Cuba aplicará el Horario de Verano desde el 1 de abril 2012"
AIN Agencia Cubana de Noticias
Cuba delays Summer Time (DST) till April 1, 2012.
- 27 February 2012, Ukraine -
Draft Law on the calculation of time in Ukraine,
Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine
Ukraine plans to abolish Daylight Saving Time in 2013.
- February 22 2012, Stanley, Falkland Islands -
"Falkland Islands Government to maintain Falklands Summer time throughout the year", Falkland Islands Government
- Falkland Islands will remain on Summer time throughout the whole of 2012 and possible for future years.
- February 22 2012, Chile -
"Horario de invierno se mantendrá entre mayo y agosto de 2012" La Nación S.A.
Chile plans to shortened the Winter Time from May to August in 2012.
- February 09 2012, Armenia -
"Armenia abolishing Daylight Saving Time",
Armenia cancelling DST and will keep UTC + 4 all year round.
- 19 January 2012, Russia -
"Vladimir Putin: The authors of the decision to cancel the transition to
winter time "may not have thought this through"", WorldTimeZone (english) - interfax.ru (in russian)
Russia's Prime Minister Vladimir Putin may scrap time change.
2017 DST News
2016 DST News
2015 DST News
2014 DST News
2013 DST News
2012 DST News
2011 DST News
2010 DST News
2009 DST News
2008 DST News
2007 DST News
2006 DST News