back to recent News
- 12/21/2007, Argentina -
"Programa para el uso racional de la energía", Presidencia de la Nacion Argentina (casarosada.gov.ar)
Argentina is going to use Daylight Saving Time (DST) on December 30, 2007.
- 12/09/2007, Venezuela -
"Venezuela con nuevo huso horario a partir de hoy", Radio Nacional de Venezuela (Prensa Web RNV)
Venezuela is 4 1/2 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (UTC) or half-hour ahead of New York and Colombia and half-hour behind of Bolivia and Manaus (Brazil) time.
- 12/01/2007, USA -
"Where Year 2008 enters first and 2007 ends last by time zone, around the World.", by Alexander Krivenyshev (WorldTimeZone.com)
From Christmas Isl, Kiritimati (Kiribati) to Samoa.
When Kiritimati (UTC+14) enters the New Year at midnight Dec 31, 2007 (New Year 2008), the local time in New York is 05am (morning) Dec 31, 2007, local time in London is 10am and local time in Sydney is 09pm (21:00) Dec 31, 2007.
- 11/29/2007, Venezuela -
"Huso Horario a partir del 9 de diciembre", Radio Nacional de Venezuela (Prensa Web RNV)
Venezuela is planning to use new time zone (GMT -04:30) on December 09, 2007.
- 10/24/2007, Cuba -
"Regirá el Horario Normal desde el próximo domingo 28 de octubre", by Unión Eléctrica, MINBAS, GRANMA
Cuba will end DST on Sunday October 28, 2007 at 1am.
- 10/15/2007, USA -
"Tempus Fugit and Transition to Winter Time-
Time change has not spared even the most remotest of lands - Antarctica.", by A.Krivenyshev (WorldTimeZone.com) and Michael Cofield
30 weeks of "Summer" for Europe and Russia in 2008 and 34 weeks of Summer Time for USA and Canada.
- 10/15/2007, Korea -
"Latest Findings Dismiss Benefits of Daylight Savings", by Jane Han, The Korea Times
DST economic and energy benefits were hard to prove...however if Korea were to consider the system, it should cooperatively join with Japan in order to cut any extra expense that could result from rearranging international flights.
- 10/13/2007, Chile -
"Chile inicia su horario de verano", by Tri-City Herald: America Latina
Chile began DST from midnight on Saturday (Oct 13-14, 2007).
- 09/26/2007, Syria -
Syria extend DST from October to November due to the the holy month of Ramadan and Eid.
- 09/20/2007, Venezuela -
"Posponen cambio del huso horario para octubre", Nacional y Política - eluniversal.com
3rd update for last 3 days -Time Zone change in Venezuela (GMT -04:30)
will be postponed for 2-3 weeks ...
- 09/20/2007, U.S.A., Indiana -
"Five counties move to Eastern time",
U.S. DOT announced that five Indiana counties (Daviess, Dubois, Knox, Martin and Pike) are moving from Central to Eastern time- keep their clocks unchange after November 4, 2007.
- 09/20/2007, Brazil -
"Horário de Verão começa no dia 14 de outubro",
Ministério de Minas e Energia- Assessoria de Comunicação do MME
Some regions of Brazil will start DST on October 14, 2007 (1 week earlier then last year-October 21, 2006) and will end DST on February 17, 2008 ( 1 week earlier then this year- February 25, 2007).
- 09/19/2007, Venezuela -
"Relojes deben atrasarse media hora el domingo 23 de septiembre", El Tiempo, HEYRA ZERPA / ELSA PIÑA
Venezuela plan to use new time zone (GMT -04:30) night of September 22/23 2007.
- 09/18/2007, Venezuela -
"New time zone will rule the country from September 24th", Radio Nacional de Venezuela (Prensa Web RNV)
Venezuela plan to use new time zone (GMT -04:30) from September 24th 2007- beginning of the school year.
- 09/16/2007, Iran -
"GC approves bill on clock change", Press TV, Iran
Iran's Guardian Council has adopted a single-urgency bill regarding Summer Time, proposing to change official time twice in one year.
- 09/06/2007, Egypt -
"Egypt makes early switch to winter time due to onset of holy month", The Associated Press/International Herald Tribune
Egypt ends DST (Summer Time) at midnight Thursday (September 6-7, 2007) - several weeks earlier than usual because of Ramadan.
- 08/28/2007, Korea -
"Korea, Japan agree to work closely on daylight savings time policies", The Korean Overseas Information Service (KOIS)
- Government of Korea and Japan have agreed to work closely on daylight savings time policies.
- 08/23/2007, Iran -
"Majlis approves bill on clock change", Press TV, Iran
Iranian Majlis has adopted a single-urgency bill regarding Summer Time, proposing to change official time twice a year-
once at the beginning of the Iranian calendar year (March 21) and once at the start of the second half of each year (September 23).
- 08/19/2007, Venezuela -
"Venezuela tendrá nuevo huso horario a partir de enero de 2008", ABN, Venezuela
Venezuela to have new Time zone from January 2008- 30 minutes will be added to the current hour.
- 08/10/2007, India -
"Energy savings from advancing the Indian Standard Time by half an hour", by Dilip R. Ahuja and D. P. Sen Gupta are in the National Institute of Advanced Studies, IISc Campus, Bangalore;
CURRENT SCIENCE, 298 VOL. 93, NO. 3
Proposal to advance of the Indian Standard Time (UTC + 5:30) by half an hour to being 6 hours ahead of the Universal Coordinated Time (UTC + 06) and to reject suggestion for introducing multiple time zones and/or DST.
- 08/01/2007, Japan -
"Nippon Keidanren, major banks launch trial daylight saving time period", Mainichi Daily News
Nippon Keidanren and major banks in Japan on Wednesday launched a one-month trial daylight saving time period.
- 06/27/2007, Australia -
"SOUTH AUSTRALIA TO TRIAL DAYLIGHT SAVING EXTENSION", Government of South Australia News Release, www.premier.sa.gov.au
South Australia will join NSW, Victoria, the ACT and Tasmania in extending DST for another four weeks.
- 06/27/2007, Australia -
"Daylight saving gets extended", The Daily Telegraph, by Joe Hildebrand
DAYLIGHT saving will be extended another four weeks in NSW from year 2008- from the first Sunday in October
(October 05, 2008) to the first Sunday in April (April 05, 2009).
- 06/11/2007, Korea -
"South Korea needs to introduce daylight saving time, official says", Yonhap News
- The South Korean government plans to discuss when it will introduce daylight saving time with the Japanese government.
- 06/02/2007, Japan -
"Panel to call for daylight saving time", The Yomiuri Shimbun
- Government proposed to study introduction of DST as part of measures to combat global warming.
- 04/30/2007, New Zealand -
"Daylight saving to be extended", Hon Rick Barker, Minister of Internal Affairs
- New Zealanders will have three weeks more Summer Time (DST) starting at 2am on 30 September 2007 and end at 3am on 6 April 2008.
- 04/13/2007, Australia -
"NSW, Vic, ACT to extend daylight saving", The Age Company Ltd.
Victoria, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory and Tasmania have agreed to extend DST by a month,
from the first Sunday in October to the first Sunday in April. Tasmania will get extra 1 week of "summer time" and NSW, Vic, ACT- extra 1 month.
- 03/30/2007, Honduras -
"Gobierno recapacita y suspende adelanto de hora", LaPrensahn
- President Mel Zelaya made the decision that DST won't be adopted by Honduras on April 1, 2007.
- 03/23/2007, Australia -
"Clocky horror or time warp?", By by Martin Philip, Courier Mail
Proposal to introduce DST in southeast Queensland (around Brisbane)- from Cooloongatta, north to Noosa and west to Toowoomba.
- 03/23/2007, New Zealand -
"More daylight saving likely next summer", By DAN EATON - The Press
- New Zealand Government favours extending DST for next summer.
- 03/20/2007, Iran -
".... Majlis and the government have not yet reached a consensus on the country's official clock...." from article
"Iran will not observe DST" by Press TV
- Team of government representatives and members of the Majlis Research Center will hold meetings during the New Year holidays to make a final decision.
- 03/16/2007, Iran - "Iran daylight saving time (DST) draft underway" by IranMania.com
- MPs have proposed that the formal time in the country be adjusted forward by an hour early spring (to start March 21) and retracted in autumn by an hour.
- 03/15/2007, Kuwait -
"Civil Service nod to daylight savings time", Arab Times
The Civil Service Commission has approved a proposal on implementing DST in Kuwait starting from April 2007.
- 03/12/2007, Iran - "Iran debates DST change" by PRESS TV
- Ahmadinejad administration "does not intend to change the country's official clock" in the next Iranian calendar year beginning March 21.
- 03/01/2007, Mexico - "Mantiene México "Horario de Verano" de siete meses", by El Financiero en línea, Nacional
- Mexico won't extend DST to eight months- it will start DST as usual- on April 1, 2007.
- 03/01/2007, Cuba - "Próximamente se establecerá el horario de verano", by GRANMA
- Cuba will start DST on March 11th 2007 at 00:00 hrs.
- 02/21/2007, Guatemala - "Confirman que no habrá cambio de hora", by Eduardo Smith, Prensa Libre
- Guatemala Government decided not to advance the hour during 2007.
- 02/08/2007, Mongolia - "Mongolia won't observe Summer Time (DST)"
from Embassy of Mongolia in the Russian Federation and MONTSAME - NEWS AGENCY
- At a recent meeting of The Cabinet Ministry, it was decided to annul the 93rd decree which calls for the transition to Summer Time (DST).
- 01/28/2007, Bahrain -
Bahrain is studying the introduction of DST.
- 01/16/2007, Guatemala - "AUTORIDADES ESTUDIAN ADELANTAR LA HORA EN ABRIL", by Telediario
- Guatemala Government studies the possibility of observing DST again during this year 2007.
- 01/18/2007, Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador - "Early start approved for daylight saving time", CBC News
- Newfoundland and Labrador clocks will jump forward an hour on March 11, 2007-brings the province in line with similar changes in the United States and most Canadian provinces.
2014 DST News
2013 DST News
2012 DST News
2011 DST News
2010 DST News
2009 DST News
2008 DST News
2007 DST News
2006 DST News